- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 4 teaspoons BakeWell Cream**
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (8 tablespoons) cold butter
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a baking dish ( i use glass casserole)
2) Whisk the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
3) Work in the butter till the mixture is crumbly; some larger, pea-sized pieces of butter may remain intact.
4) Add the milk, stirring till everything is moistened.
5) Turn the dough out onto a clean work surface, and fold it over once or twice. Pat it into a ¾"-thick square, Cut into 2" chunks and put into baking dish.
** BakeWell Cream is a leavening agent available on amazon, or new england area supermarkets. It is not to be confused with bakewells baking powder.
Substitutions for bakewelll cream is cream of tartar at a 1:1 ratio.
Combine in saucepan
1 1/2 Cups Dubie Family Maple Syrup (any grade will do)
3/4 Cup water
2 Tablespoons Cold Butter
1)On medium heat, bring syrup mixture to boil without stirring until all butter is melted. Take off heat and pour over the biscuits.
2)Bake about 30 minutes or until biscuits are lightly browned and feel done to touch. The maple mixture will absorb into biscuits.