Maple Sugar Cookies
Makes: 2 Dozen
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) SALTED butter, softened
- 1¼ cup granulated maple sugar *
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup*
- ¼ cup granulated maple sugar, for rolling
- ½ Cup Pure Maple Cream *
ingredients with* are available on our website www.dubiefamilymaple.com
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer, cream together the butter, and granulated maple sugar until combined.
- Add egg yolks, vanilla extract and maple syrup.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Using a cookie scoop or ice cream scoop, scoop dough into balls about 2 Tablespoons each, roll in sugar and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until tops of cookies start to crack. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before moving them to a wire rack. Let cool completely on wire rack.
Stir up the maple cream to make it drizzly! Use a piping bag or a zipper bag with tip cut out to drizzle over cooled cookies
Do not microwave the maple cream, you will find it turns back to maple syrup